Tuesday, May 28, 2013

31

Life moves so fast, doesn't it?

This weekend I turned 31.  We traveled to Yakima for the long weekend, it's been too long since we've been home.

We traveled over Saturday morning and witnessed a scary car accident happen right in front of us.  There were two cars in the left lane (ours and another guy in front of us) and a SUV with a camper and semi in the right line, slightly ahead of us.  The SUV with a camper tried to get over and somebody sideswiped somebody.

I was looking down at my phone when Ahron said "Uh-oh."  I looked up to see the camper fishtailing and I knew we were about to witness an accident.  The SUV and camper flipped.  The SUV rolled once and landed upright on the side of the road.  The camper landed on its side in front of the SUV.  The semi was able to pull off safely.

We slowed way down and pulled over.  Thankfully I could see both occupants of the SUV moving and they got out of their car.  Ahron got out to check on them and make sure there were no injuries.  Miraculously they landed upright and they were definitely shaken but it didn't seem anyone was hurt.  Another car had stopped to help as well and we decided to go ahead and go since everyone was okay.

I've never witnessed an accident like that and I'm just so grateful as it could have been so much worse.

Saturday night we celebrated out at Bob's Burger & Brew and went home to have cake.

Sunday we decided to BBQ so my mom and I shopped for that and got a little Kohl's time in as well so I could buy her Mother's Day gift.

Overall it was a really fun weekend spent with the family.  I have to say though it was so wonderful to crawl into my own bed last night and be safe and sound at home.

31 is going to be an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment