Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sharing With You: Lucky Me by Helene Cronin

Not too many things can move me to tears about 1)Having served in the military and 2)Being married to someone who is serving. I try my hardest not to differentiate myself from other civilian families but then I hear a song like this and I'm reminded of what we do differently.

My favorite line in this song is, "Lucky me, that's right, freedom comes at a heavy price." For all the thousands of lives lost in this war, so much has also been lost. Marriages have fallen apart, veterans have lost their sense of normalcy and children have lost their security of having their parents around into old age. I hope, when this war is finally over our government will secure the best of the best veteran's benefits for our soldiers, sailors and airmen who have served their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment