Monday, July 18, 2011

One Day at a Time

I had not intended for this underway time to be so overwhelming.  It kind of just snuck up on me.  Obviously, we're fine.  The sun is shining in Western Washington today and that seems to make things better. 

But it feels like we're on deployment again.  Last night I pulled up my Bible verse-a day app on my iPhone.  It was the one about it not being good for man to be alone.  This is part of the reason God created marriage. 

Then I wonder, if God knows it is not good to be alone, why are we separated like this?  Why must we endure this?  Ahron has the most logical answer, "Because I'm on sea duty." 

I'm always over-thinking things.  Once my daughter drew a picture of our family, with me, her and her brother on one row, and Daddy down below.  I couldn't help but notice Ahron in his own row, separate from the rest of us and I questioned her about it.  All kinds of thoughts swirled in my head.  I'm damaging my children with our lifestyle.  She will be scarred for life!  Yet, without hesitation she answered, "Because I ran out of room on the paper." 

Sometimes things just are as they are and we must accept them for what they are.  I can honestly say I don't take for granted the time we are together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment